Sunday 2 October 2011

Little Update About Nothing....

I sooh wanted to write a blog about my mom this week. It was her birthday this week and it was also the week my brother passed away two years ago.

My first blog, written between 2004-2006, was about my mom, titled "Ode To Mom". To this day I regret losing it. I tried to rewrite it, but cannot come up with anything close to it. It was one of my favourite postings. Unfortunately I wrote it within a social profile I was using at the time, and I was asked to delete my account very quickly (in a panic really!) as my partner (then) was getting death threats due to our restaurant business overseas at the time and he did not want a photo of me accessible, for my safety, he said. He also deleted his account. I did not have time to think it and lost about 5 good posts (total of about 20 stories) in a flash!!! I just want a copy of my first post... :-(((.... I asked friends already, but if I missed anyone - if you have a copy of this story, please send it to me, please!!!???!!

This week I was beyond tired. I had so much to do that I was not sleeping until after 3am or getting only 3-4 hours of sleep. I can't recall if I ever fell asleep standing while showering before, and I did it twice this week, ugh, heheheh!! I spent most of daytime Saturday sleeping to recuperate. The next 3 weeks will be similar, ugh. But I can do them all, I already know. Life is physically, spiritually and mentally demanding. But all necessary, for where I feel I am being pushed to go/do, to fall into place :-).

I don't believe in cramming activities into life, to make it significant. I believe more in seizing moments, with good intentions, being honest, caring for others more than self, and enjoying the journeys. Some people are capable of running multiple tasks at the same time, whilst others only one or two at the time. Both are okay. I am more the former, practice allowed me to learn to be good at it, which makes me look energetic or always busy. But I prefer to be the latter. So I try to be mindful of what I prioritise in life, because it is easy to be caught up with all the hype from the activities I tackle, and lose focus of the true reasons (especially intangible reasons) why I am doing them.

For now, trying to juggle work, extracurricular activities, education, church, family and my health/fitness. Temporarily very time demanding. All to prepare for my almost 2 months trip; and, to enable me to go away for that long and not neglect my work and personal life. The rest are life issues, lessons and challenges I'm faced as I allow God to educate and mould me. Lots of balancing acts required. I had to give up my regular Saturday fortnightly routine (which I love doing), and put aside the Sunday self-defense training I was pursuing (which I think I have to learn). So I can have more time for family, rest, and/or my education. People have the impression I have a busy social calendar, but honestly, I see the same people weekly (whom I appreciate very much). I have neglected my other friends, not even attending a lot of special events - sorry :-( - and disappointing good friends I only contacted now when I have been back almost one year :-(.

When I am absolutely tired, I rely on my strong endurance, trying to function as normal as possible, and I expect my brain to be the same. But my mind gets tired, so I am not immune to making mistakes. I also have no control over other issues thrown in. I just try to maintain my wisdom in handling them, even though my tiredness has the ability to make me react emotionally. Thankfully, so far, I have stood strong and not reacted in any way I have regretted afterwards....

In trying to function well with only 3-4 hours of sleep, I have already made 5 costly mistakes with my transport and accommodation bookings for an upcoming trip. Mentally exhausted I kept making the silliest mistakes even newbie travellers would not make, such as booking on wrong dates! An hour ago, was my latest boo-boo, gggrrrr! The only time I could work on them was/is after midnight, like now, when it was already hard for me to concentrate and problem-solve, ugh. Thankfully, I was refunded a part of payments for those bookings, but not all, ugh. The other interpersonal issues I had to deal with at work, I prefer to not waste more time telling them - same same ;-).

On the positive, the Op Christmas Child drive (to fill shoeboxes with gifts) at work received an overwhelming response! It was very touching. Not that I doubted it. I knew my colleagues were generous. I just didn't think people would participate in my campaign so willingly, as so many of them were already doing various good works and donating to various organisations. I received more than double of the number I expected. It created more than double amount of extracurricular work for me too but, it is okay as I am able (and thankful it was endorsed so I'm allowed to take care of it while I am also doing my actual work). I'm hoping to drop the boxes to the collection point this week. Buying more toys and gifts tomorrow, to fill in the spare boxes I have, with money donated.

I also received the donated second-hand laptops sourced from another organisation. I haven't had time to turn it on to check it's condition, but I know they were all reformatted and set up well already. I contacted friends about my idea, and in perfect timing, a friend had them literally dropped on his lap, to give to me (after approval from his bosses of course, heheheh)!

I still cant wait to have time to sit down to write about many topics, one especially, about role models and/or mentors. For now, blabbing only, sorry... :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment