Wednesday 21 March 2012

Eight More Days of Reflection

* This week's activities also logged to compare to last week's post to see if I am really busy and out of curiousity - what do I notice in life as I go through my days (those I can share online anyway).

Tuesday:

1. Monday lunchtime's circuit class ran today. Getting better at gecko crawling and dips (with assist). We did alternating sets of pushups (with situps) and I was freaking out that I was finishing each set!!! Stronger! :-).... Expected to be "4th man" again tomorrow for the "men's boxing session".... ACK!!!!

2. Managed to rush to the fashion week's powder room to get *name withheld* (elderly long-term contractor at work) a free goodie bag. I'm gonna add to it stuff I got from shows and other goodie bags. I would love to make her smile :-) . Thank you to a colleague/"twin sister" for leaving work early and agreeing to reserve my spot.

3. Late for Alpha duty, no tram passed - I Walked SO FAST it brought back memories when I used to compete in long-distance walkathons! I used my bag and hand-carries to cover up my rapid "swaggles" :-). TIRING! My shins and legs in slight pain (was wearing inappropriate sandals, then stood for several hours).

4. Today kitchen duties were easier, becoming pro :-). Must remember that the "sweeping thingie" that is not a vacuum is called a broom ;-) !!


Wednesday:

1. New bruise, same spot.... Felt very fragile and tender when I woke up today. Pushed my femininity aside to be a "man" during lunchtime boxercise with 3 guys; and to learn more, as a woman, from self defense training after work.

2. Many people decidedly spoke to me about having kids, today and yesterday. With or without a man. Out of love for children (the child a love gift to myself) versus with love for a man (the child a love gift to a man). THEY can (and making me) feel my clock ticking at 35. :-/

3. I had a near miss while walking home tonight, maybe almost died, or severely hurt. Very strong wind carried a piece of metal that nearly struck my neck or face. I felt it touch me, but am okay.... It made me think about who I last spoke to (bestie); whom I last said I love you to (mommy); regrets in life and love (very few handful); point #2 above; and if I should follow my heart or my mind.

4. (I'm leaving this blank tonight. The remnants of above are enough to deal with for today.)


Thursday:

1. Unisex boxercise = 1300+ punches and 135+ pushups, then switched roles. I'm not hurting. I'm actually very okay. Didn't partner with instructor, thankfully, so I didn't work out as hard. With half of March gone, I am trying to avoid injuries. Satisfied with my current fitness level. Also looking forward to life/schedule being less hectic after this military-style event.

2. Balance between work deadlines, fitness preparation, spiritual and family life a constant juggling act.

3. Home after
10pm, too late and too hungry to swim. Either do other exercises inside home (not motivated), forget about it (preferred), or swim early in the morning tomorrow before heading to work (not keen, may not happen).... *Went 7.30am Friday, dedication! :-).*

4. After a quick shower and quick dinner, could not stay awake. Asleep within minutes.


Friday:

1. I could not put down my work so I ended up with a VERY late lunchbreak. It was quite nice to be ALONE in the gym! I was singing out loud listening to Sarah Blasko's songs, while pumping weights! ;-)

2. Left a friday night out and fell asleep much earlier than planned. :-/

3. Woke up for early morning devotion and to catch up on studies (5 days behind, haven't look at it this week!)

4. Got nothing for #4. Didn't do much... :-))))))


Saturday:

1. Two weeks worth of laundry (2 loads) d-o-n-e!!! :-))

2. Swam freestyles (breathed sideways mostly without help from my snorkel, yey!) and breaststrokes.... A family with uncontrollable kids arrive so I stopped after 35mins. I played underwater instead and noticed my legs were naturally bouyant, always floated up. I pretended I was a synchronised swimmer - lotsa somersaults and twists. FUN! ;-))

3. Opera night - La Boheme.

4. Searched for and drank green beer - St Patrick's Day.


Sunday:

1. Been singing a lot lately.... today I sang praises fully and loudly during the 9am service, at home while alone, in the park, and in the shower.

2. Mommy time. I love kissing her on her cheeks - public displays of affection!

3. Sabbath - day of rest! Did as little chores as possible. No exercise. Mostly slept and read a book.

4. So relaxed! - Laid down in the park with my scarves, drink and books/notes. Read with 50s big band music playing softly from my phone. I realised aside from the 3 free concerts I attended I haven't enjoyed summer outdoors this season! I rolled off my scarf several times to enjoy the cool grass - it felt great underneath me while the sun warmed my skin!!


Monday:

1. Even after sleeping and resting most of yesterday, I woke up late for work today. It was hard to peel me off the bed. Lots of tasks to do.

2. Monday lunchtime circuit class. I’m thankful for group sessions like this. I don’t have to think too much about how to exercise. I just need to work out hard.

3. Yawned several times during the lecture tonight. Long day at work. With this class to attend (7-9pm), food shopping afterwards, then swimming (could only do laps for 25mins), and finally dinner (after 11pm).

4. I look at my room – 2 loads of laundry to fold and put away piled in one corner; a messy table where everything I touched but haven’t finished using yet or haven’t had time to properly put away are “resting”; excess junk food that won’t fit in the pantry; homework/study notes to read and do…. Oganised chaos or just mess??? No time now to fix, and when I could spare the time (on Sunday), I decided to give myself rest instead…. I could fold the clothes now, but it's already 12.30am and I'm still writing this post!!!! I need to sleep!!! :-/


Tuesday:

1. Surprised to wake up late again!!?! Dressed sleepily, remembered only that the weather would be hot, so I ended up wearing a summer dress to work that was probably a bit risque (short). Walked in windy weather afterwork (thankfully I had the foresight to wear bikeshorts underneath my dress). Cleaned the kitchen, served food and vacuumed the hall in inappropriate attire (think knives, hot water and bare legs). Survived the day with my modesty intact – thank you God! :-)

2. Grateful for the dinner I ate that was prepared for the Alpha course. With some to take home too for tomorrow’s lunch/dinner! I waited almost a year for tonight’s soup!! Yum!

3. One hour lunchtime gym session (rower, weights and stamina/core strengthening exercises). After kitchen duties, straight to the pool to swim mostly breaststrokes for 30 minutes. Harder workout than freestyles. I can really feel the tensions on my body without the spa to help relieve my muscles. Spa’s been out of service since Saturday!!! I don’t know when/how to make time for a masseuse!

4. Everything is and will be pretty much the same as last week. I realised I am balancing life well enough so I’m relieved. Feeling a sense of peace from accepting what is and will be, yet still adaptable for life to not go according to my plans. I also noticed I’ve been trying to less busy since last year. But my interest in soooh many things made it unlikely. I know after this military obstacle course event, I already have plans lined up to take up my "freed time". I felt the push towards these goals. Life is always about accepting or making changes. Accept or change? Accept or change :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment