Thursday 14 June 2012

"You Look Like You Had A Rough Night!?"

Woke up this morning groaning, hahahah… ugh. My ribs (back and front) and abdomen felt bruised, and my head was slightly dizzy. All were results of 1 hour of hardcore(?) fitness then 1 hour of self-defense training last night.

We sparred (my second try) and I got kicked hard on the side of my head. I was also knocked down on bended knee by a chest kick. The girl I was sparring with was most experienced but maybe not considering she was up against a little lamb (me). Or she wanted me to be aggressive back...? I'm sure she meant well, and she was apologetic for kicking my face. Yet, little lamb was still careful to aim no higher than her shoulders and not hit her hard on her chest. I didn’t want to hurt her. Next time maybe I should focus on her not hurting me…. On that mat, I have to push out the lover, and pull in the fighter in me.

At work all morning, I was complimented for how I looked. Reactions were the whiplash varieties. Foot traffic-stopping. I thanked them but I was baffled/embarrassed. I wore the exact same clothes last week, but then it was uneventful. Today I did one thing different - I wore my hair down, longish with some waves flowing freely. I didn’t explain that I didn’t brush my hair, that my head hurt when I tied my hair, that I felt dazed, that the side of my head was tender, and that my body was desperate for a massage. I wasn’t in the mood to explain, it took too much concentration/effort.

Later, Angel One walked in, stopped in front of my desk, looked at me quietly for a few seconds, then said, "You look like you had a rough night". Hahahah! He received the most genuine and beaming smile from me. I thought it was the best and funniest thing I heard all day, and it lifted my spirits up immediately. I was surprised he figured how I really felt. His honesty - I loved it!!! I'm not a sadist, and he wasn’t being rude. I knew he didn't say it to criticize. He said it because he saw past the outer layer, and shared his concern.



P.S.
We are celebrating his 60th birthday next week. He asked me to seat next to him. Aaaaaawwww  
♥♥ :-).
I'm also fine now (but still want sport massages!). Ready for the next sparring!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment