Tuesday 18 September 2012

Everest

"Dream BIG!"

... I was told when I was young.... So I did.... Why not? Dreams are free, gave me goals that felt grrreat(!) when achieved, and it gave me hope for the future :-). One that stayed consistent was to climb Mount Everest - to reach the summit, enjoy the top, and get back to base camp healthy. It is the biggest achievable adventure here on Earth for me!!!

Everything about it seemed impossible for me at the time - so high, so hard, so expensive, so far, so much training and preparation, and so dangerous. When I realised I could do it around 2005, I was "over the moon" (another dream, another blog, hahah)! I didn't take the opportunity, deciding to spend the money "wisely" for ventures, linked to dreams made with others, and I hoped would still eventually make my dreams a reality. I envisioned it'd delay preparation to climb the summit for about 2 years.

I have another opportunity to do it from now, before I get too old or unfit or financially incapable, while there are no kids to take care of. But again, there's a push to prioritise on something else. Life does that I know.... :-)

I stare at this photo A LOT. Really reflecting on my decision - to go or not to go. This is my hardest dream for myself I can make come true! I really want to go, NOW is the time to commit to training and to work (to finance the costs), with lots of preparation and balancing acts! It would take at least a year, and will voluntarily take me away from another path I feel/think I am heading.

NOT GOING now, will signify a HUGE change of focus for me. It will represent a change in what drives me, my motivation and my lifestyle.

If I don't seize this opportunity, my second chance, which I know in life sometimes never comes again, I may never go. Never say never, but I may not be able to reach the summit. Of course I'd still be happy to be standing at Base Camp admiring the landscape. My gratefulness will soar if I get to climb to higher Camps (1-4). But my spirit reaches for the top! EVEREST SUMMIT.

I won't regret letting go of this summit dream. I have faith in my reasons. It's just... there's a battle going on inside me at the moment. It's very hard to naturally accept what I picture as consequences, this a major example. Life-changing priorities and decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment